- Bureaucrats are one level 'up' from administrators. Bureaucrats only have the ability to manipulate user rights, as well as block and unblock users, so this right is generally used in addition to the administrator group.
- They have the ability to promote and revoke rollback, Content Moderator and administrator rights as well as appointing new bureaucrats. While they cannot directly revoke another user's bureaucrat status, they can revoke their own. Bureaucrats also have the ability to revoke a user's bot status in case the bot is malfunctioning, but community consensus is required for the addition of users' bot status.
- Administrators (also known as "admins" or "sysops") are trusted users, who are generally chosen by the community and also have access to the following rights:
- All privileges from the Discussions Moderator and Content Moderator groups.
- Block users who are vandalizing the wiki from editing and other actions.
- Grant and revoke both the Chat Moderator and Discussion Moderator rights.
- Edit the community's skin and format.
- Edit whitelisted MediaWiki pages.
- There are three groups of moderators:
Content Moderators are users who have additional tools available to moderate specific parts of the community. These tools are:
- Deleting and moving protected pages
- Deleting and moving files
- Undeleting pages and files
- Reupload files
- Protecting and unprotecting pages
- Patrol pages if the community has the RecentChanges patrol feature enabled
Moderators are users who have additional tools available to manage conversations in various features across the community where users are having social discussions. These tools are:
- Removing and restoring threads and replies from any user.
- Closing and reopening threads
- In the Forum feature specifically, moderators also have the ability to manage Forum boards, move threads from one board to another, and highlight and un-highlight threads.
- Moderating chat
- Deleting blog comments
- Editing and deleting article comments
- Moderating the Discussions feature, if enabled.
Chat moderators are users who have chat moderator status in chat to moderate a community's chat room. They can block users from chat, which will kick a user out of the chat and ban them from returning until a chat moderator or an admin unbans them from the users' contributions page, or if the ban expires.